This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

S169R election

Brightonian
S169R election

Postby Brightonian » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:27 pm

My client sold his business in 2014/15. He received QCBs and cash and was planning to make a S169R election to get the entrepreneurs' relief upfront. However, there are some reasons to think that the new company may default on payments so he wants to defer making his decision for as long as possible. I told him the deadline was 31 January 2017 for a 14/15 disposal but the person advising on he sale has said it's 31 January 2016. I can't find anything to support her assertion but she is the expert and I am the generalist so I'm doubting myself. Am I right or is my info out of date?

maths

Re: S169R election

Postby maths » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 pm

Not my scene but for what it's worth s169R(4) provides deadline for making the election.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”