This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Selling Property Currently in Trust

mpeill
Selling Property Currently in Trust

Postby mpeill » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:00 pm

Several years ago, when my father died, my mother put their house into trust, with me and my brother as trustees with responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the property.
My mother recenty had to go into a residential care home, funded by our local authority since her personal estate value was less than £14k.
If my brother and I, as trustees, now choose to sell the property currently owned by the trust, and transfer the proceeds into our personal accounts, is there any tax implication for us as individuals, income tax or capital gains tax?

maths

Re: Selling Property Currently in Trust

Postby maths » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:55 pm

What date was the property settled on trust?

mpeill

Re: Selling Property Currently in Trust

Postby mpeill » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:01 pm

17th January 2011

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”