This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Changing Share ownership

rks2018
Changing Share ownership

Postby rks2018 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:18 am

If anyone an give me some info please ?
I 'm thinking of changing ownership of of my 2 properties , both of which I own 50/50 with my sister though she doesnt really have financial interest in them .
One I live in myself and the other I used to live in. The other my sister lives in together with a lodger , Pay tax on 40% self and hers is 20%
I wish to change ownership to 99% self and 1% sisters . As i am not married yet I wish to do this in case anything should happen to me and wish my partner to be the beneficiary.
I do have mortgages on both which i can now show to afford myself . question is can i do this myself online ? I would need approval from mortgage company I guess.
when I pay SA tax , i then start to pay 40% of 99% of rental ? from date of equaty transfer ?
How will CGT be calculated in future , what values on the house will be used ? Should i get a value before I change % of ownership ?
Thanks in Advance .

AGoodman

Re: Changing Share ownership

Postby AGoodman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:22 am

Can you explain this:

" both of which I own 50/50 with my sister though she doesn't really have financial interest in them "

rks2018

Re: Changing Share ownership

Postby rks2018 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:33 am

yes sorry My sister helped me in purchase due to my earnings at the time , she is named on both the properties .
We are joint tenants in common ? I believe .
thanks

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”