This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

computation of complicated shareholding for CGT purposes

pdfx4
computation of complicated shareholding for CGT purposes

Postby pdfx4 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Is there any easily accessible (online or other) service who can provide a detailed CGT computation on the sale of a shareholding please ? I am capable of simple calculations on the sale of a shareholding but in this particular case there are takeovers, scrip issues, rights issues, bonus issues and a number of capital reorganisations going back to 1988.
Can anyone tell me please where I could obtain an accurate calculation please (for a fee obviously !) ?
Many thanks.

robbob

Re: computation of complicated shareholding for CGT purposes

Postby robbob » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:55 am

This site imho has the best free version - may be worth a look

http://www.cgtcalculator.com/

pdfx4

Re: computation of complicated shareholding for CGT purposes

Postby pdfx4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:00 pm

I have still not found any service that does this. Does anyone know of anything please ? Perhaps there is an opening for someone to provide this service !
Thanks anyway.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”