This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Is CGT Indexation Allowance Fully Dead?

erictheone
Is CGT Indexation Allowance Fully Dead?

Postby erictheone » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi folks. I'm struggling to find out if the Capital Gains Tax Indexation Allowance is dead for for shares disposals by a private individual in this current tax year? I'm just sold at 396p some shares which I bought in 1994 at 68p, so is ALL the gain since 1994 taxable (ignoring the £12,000 CGT annual allowance)? If not, and an indexation allowance applies, can anyone please direct me to somewhere on the web that will show me how to calculate it?

Many thanks.

bd6759

Re: Is CGT Indexation Allowance Fully Dead?

Postby bd6759 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:12 pm

Indexation allowance was withdrawn and is not available.

erictheone

Re: Is CGT Indexation Allowance Fully Dead?

Postby erictheone » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:53 am

Thanks bd6759. I was hoping there might still be some indexation between the date of acquisition and the date when the allowance was withdrawn, but seems not!

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”