This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

What to include in CG calculation attachment

FigNewton
What to include in CG calculation attachment

Postby FigNewton » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Rather than use the worksheets, I need to create my own attachment. But what should I include? The HMRC pages are mute. There must be an acceptable form in which to create an attachment.

Suppose I sell shares in a US company in which I have bought shares at various times over many years. Do I need to show for every composite of my Section 104 holding the purchase date, price, cost, and fx rates that I used at each purchase date to convert cost to GBP? and hence how I arrived at my GBP per share average cost price.

Or can I just give just a date of sale, # shares sold, cost (based on GBP per share average cost) and proceeds in GBP?

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”