This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CGT reclaim after 4 years

ac89
CGT reclaim after 4 years

Postby ac89 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:10 am

Looking for some help please!
I entered an EMI scheme in 2016 that had an initial pay-out in 2017 and then 2 further scheduled for 2019 and 2021, depending on meeting targets. I was instructed to pay CGT on the whole predicted amount for all pay-outs in the 2016/2017 tax year, which I did. I got the 2019 payment but we didn't hit the targets for 2021 so got nothing. I just tried to claim tax back for the final (largest) payment that I didn't get but was told as it's over 4 years (by 3 weeks!) this was not possible. I'm just wondering if there is anyway around this given I had no idea I wouldn't get the final payment until this week so no opportunity to claim within the 4 year window.
Thank you so much for any help.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”