This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Buy to Let property

steven13
Buy to Let property

Postby steven13 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:37 pm

My wife and I own a Buy To Let property. We are in the process of an amicable divorce and part of the financial settlement agreed with the Court is that she will take the Buy to Let property.
If it is transferred prior to the Divorce absolute do I still pay Capital Gains Tax on the gain arising from my share?
Secondly on the basis CG tax is payable where can I obtain details of my original cost, namely amount paid and date of purchase. Lost all paperwork, and although I know roughly , better get it accurate for HMRC.

bd6759

Re: Buy to Let property

Postby bd6759 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:56 pm

1. Yes
2. Land registry

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”