This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

SA - how to declare property sale already reported using CGT on UK property account

landlord1234
SA - how to declare property sale already reported using CGT on UK property account

Postby landlord1234 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi,
I sold a property in November 2020 and reported the disposal and paid tax due usinfg the 'Capital Gains Tax on UK property account' service within 30 days as required.

I'm now confused as to how to fill in the online Self Assesment forms for this gain.

I have filled the forms in for previous years before this new '30 day reporting' scheme was introduced.

I assume I report the gain again but how do I report that tax has already been paid ?

I rag the HMRC helpline , and they indicated I shouldn't use worksheets but left me more confused than before I rang.

Any advice on how to do this ?

Thanks

maths

Re: SA - how to declare property sale already reported using CGT on UK property account

Postby maths » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Read the "Notes" to Form SA 108; Boxes 9 and 10 I think.

landlord1234

Re: SA - how to declare property sale already reported using CGT on UK property account

Postby landlord1234 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:02 pm

Thanks
On my online SA form it says ......

Tax on non-UK residential property or carried interest gains reported on Real Time Transaction returns already paid: £

Help about: Capital Gains Tax 25 - Tax on Gains already paid
Enter the total amount of tax you paid on the Real Time Transaction Return(s) shown above.

However, there is no 'box' ito enter the figure

Any ideas , I'm using Safari on a MAC

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Boxes 21 and 22

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”