This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Cgt on company share scheme

cv65user
Cgt on company share scheme

Postby cv65user » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:17 am

Hello

I am trying to understand when I can use spouse CGT allowance for company share scheme if I can.

I put 10k and got 25k back.
25k - 10k - 12.3k CGT allowance = means I pay 10 % on 2.7k ?

But I am being told I have no CGT if i use my spouse CGT allowance. But I thought this applied to joint assetts.

It was share scheme in private company not on stock market. The shares had no dividend or voting rights and in my name only.

cv65user

Re: Cgt on company share scheme

Postby cv65user » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:20 am

It was a paid lump sum net.
Shares were held in a employer benefit trust if that helps to clarify the type of share scheme

Jholm

Re: Cgt on company share scheme

Postby Jholm » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:25 am

It sounds like you have already sold the shares to make the gain, in which case it is too late.

You would have to transfer the shares to your spouse in advance of the sale, assuming the T&Cs allow you to do so.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”