This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Can I claim Entrepreneurs relief via my online personal tax return submission?

Jetsetter4805
Can I claim Entrepreneurs relief via my online personal tax return submission?

Postby Jetsetter4805 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:07 pm

Hi All,

I received a capital distribution which qualifies for ER and I am curious to understand how I can go about claiming ER. Can this be done via the online submission of my annual personal tax return on gov.uk or must I make a separate paper submission in order to claim ER?

Many thanks

bd6759

Re: Can I claim Entrepreneurs relief via my online personal tax return submission?

Postby bd6759 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:59 pm

It’s part of your self assessment

Jholm

Re: Can I claim Entrepreneurs relief via my online personal tax return submission?

Postby Jholm » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Do it via your tax return. Make sure to account for lifetime limits if you are likely to exceed it.

Also, it's now known as Business Asset Disposal Relief. Hope that helps when looking at the return.

Jetsetter4805

Postby Jetsetter4805 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Thanks both - much appreciated.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”