This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CGT computation format for personal tax return?

Jetsetter4805
CGT computation format for personal tax return?

Postby Jetsetter4805 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Is there a specific format which HMRC expect for a CGT computation to be attached to a personal tax return? The capital gain is merely the proceeds from the disposal of a share as part of a members voluntary liquidation. Should I just prepare a one line computation showing the proceeds and state that this is the chargeable gain?

Also, I have two capital losses in relation to listed share disposals which I should be able to offset against the above gain. Do I need to attach computations for each of these?

Thanks!

pawncob

Re: CGT computation format for personal tax return?

Postby pawncob » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Yes to both questions. (Assuming losses arose in that tax year.)
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Jetsetter4805

Re: CGT computation format for personal tax return?

Postby Jetsetter4805 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Thanks. I was able to make use of hmrc's computation worksheets which are available to use when completing an online return.

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”