This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

loss codes

Joined:Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:19 pm
loss codes

Postby TennisGod » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:26 am

As a consequence of dealing in non UK shares, I make gains/ losses in different currencies - say a dollar gain and a euro loss. The self assessment form requires me to “claim” the loss and suggests various codes to explain the nature of the claim - none of which appear appropriate. Do I use OTH for other?

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”