This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax on Home in Family Trust

mrfixituk45
Tax on Home in Family Trust

Postby mrfixituk45 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:46 am

My sister and I set up a family trust in October 2015 as our dad was diagnosed with dementia. The family home my dad owned 1968 was placed in it as tenents in common. I have always lived there apart from a 2 month gap many years ago. My dad moved out for 10 years but came back again when he was diagnosed. I was his main carer and my sister also reguarly helped. He died in April last year. I am looking to buy my sisters half or the house will have to be sold. Are there any tax implications if it is half or fully sold?

Thanks!

entax

Re: Tax on Home in Family Trust

Postby entax » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:08 am

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your father.

Has the house been passed to you and your sister through probate?

Return to “Capital Gains Tax, CGT”