This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

IR35 in a TWO directors company

Grosp

Postby Grosp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:35 am

I have 50% of a limited company, shared with my partnet (we are not married). We both are engineers working as contractors, in an hourly rate payed basis. When you read the IR35 law it seems clear that we are caught (working full-time for the same company, etc.) but the question is, what if we work for different companies? I mean she in one and me in other, but both full-time. Would we be able to get out the IR35 and receive some income as dividends? I think it is a complicated case because most of limited company contractors are one-man only. Could anybody advise?
Thanks

CDavey9501@aol.com

Postby CDavey9501@aol.com » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:16 am

It could apply for two-man (or multi-person companies) also. IR35 also applies to partnerships. Get some advice on the matter.

Daniya

Postby Daniya » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:21 am

Hi

SPeak with your accountant, IR35 is not as strong as some people make it. I/revenue are more relucant to go or use IR35 FOR THEIR DEFENCE,as it has not fruited them.

IR35 is becoming more redundant than you can imagine.

regards
Rana

Return to “Company Taxation”