This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Uk Corporation tax for foreign subsiduary

annab1

Postby annab1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:52 am

Does anyone know the test for determining whether a new company in a group is a resident in the uk for corporation tax purposes if the the parent company operates worldwide? I believe it involves a controld test.
and also does anyone know any steps that can help to avoid the new company being subject to corporation tax in the UK?

leedsCIMAstudent

Postby leedsCIMAstudent » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:53 am

Is there a PE (Permanent Establishment)?

What is the nature of the activities that this specific company (or its overseas employees) undertake that pertains to the UK? What does the group as a whole do?

annab1

Postby annab1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 am

Hi
My questions is a research question for a fake company and unfortunately i have not been told exactly what the parent company does apart from that it is a worldwide corporation and intends to form 6 new companies (subsiduaries) but would like to make sure that one will be exempt for UK corporation tax. I have looked on the hmrc website and i have a feeling that the test is a control test, i.e the less control the UK parent company has over the new subsiduary, the less chance it will be deemed to be a UK company for corporation tax purposes. However I am unsure and do not know what steps could be taken to avoid tax. Any further help you could provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Return to “Company Taxation”