This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Entering capital allowances on intangibles on CT600 (short)

Alcosaint
Entering capital allowances on intangibles on CT600 (short)

Postby Alcosaint » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 pm

I have a Ltd company client with goodwill which is being written down over 5 years. I'm adding back the amortisation in comps and claiming an equal amount in capital allowances. Prior to HMRC's 2009 overhaul of their own CT software I was able to enter the capital allowances in box 113 (capital allowances - other assets) of the CT600 (short) section of their software. Now I can't find where to enter this info - the only capital allowances sections are for (i) cars and (ii) P&M main pool.

I'm considering purchasing 3rd party CT return software (BTC CT Solution), but again there isn't the option to submit info on capital allowances claimed on 'other' assets (and ticking the "I'm writing down intangibles" box).

The only alternatives I can think of are either adding a note in the supplementary pages to the CT600 (short) form or completing the CT600 (full) return (haven't explored the 2nd option here, but assume it's possible).

Has anyone had similar issues and found a solution?

Return to “Company Taxation”