This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

S455 question

Eck
S455 question

Postby Eck » Sun May 03, 2015 11:12 am

I have a directors loan account overdrawn by £5,000 during previous year's accounts. It is due to be repaid by the end of May (ie just within 9months 1 day after year end).

I borrowed a further £5,000 during this current financial year which I would expect to repay before the deadline next year.

My question is this - does the S455 charge apply only to last year's borrowings? For example if I repay in full the amount of £5,000 borrowed last year will I be due any S455 given the DLA will remain overdrawn by £5k borrowed recently?

Logic tells me the charge can only apply to the year now due for repayment but I would appreciate some reassurance.

With thanks

Return to “Company Taxation”