This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

CGT Entrepreneurs Relief - Abroad & come back in UK

Thibo
CGT Entrepreneurs Relief - Abroad & come back in UK

Postby Thibo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi,

I had a UK based company which I was a 100% shareholder of. I've run it for 6 years and have lived in the UK all this time.

My wife and daughters moved back from the UK to France in 2015 while I stayed in the UK until late 2016 in order to complete my last contract. When my contract was finished, I then closed my UK company and moved back to France to join my family.

I expected to pay tax in France on any capital gain accrued.

I started a new company in France in 2017.
But I was offered and I accepted a contract position as an employee on site in a UK company.
I then put my French company in a "frozen" state.

I will be a UK tax resident again this year.

My question is can I ask for entrepreneur tax relief on my former UK company CG?

Many thanks!

Return to “Company Taxation”