This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

New Limited Company : Advice on populating invoices

blockquote
New Limited Company : Advice on populating invoices

Postby blockquote » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi,

I've been a sole trader for 6 years and have just moved to a limited company structure. I generate invoices for each sale of services to each client. The invoices include the name of the client and their email address, which is how they make contact and all the communication takes place. As 80% of the clients are individuals, I rarely have their address details. Is it necessary to request and include the client's address on their invoice from the LTD, or is the name and email address sufficient?

pawncob

Re: New Limited Company : Advice on populating invoices

Postby pawncob » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

There's no requirement to put a customer's name on an invoice, but it's useful.
As long as you show the LTD's name, R/O and number, and invoice number, the addition of the customer's information is just the icing on the cake from your point of view(but may be essential for the customer's record keeping)
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

blockquote

Re: New Limited Company : Advice on populating invoices

Postby blockquote » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, when the client requests it I populate the invoice with their full address details. Good to know that I don't need to chase up these details in other cases,

Return to “Company Taxation”