This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Do HMRC Consider company active with Low Turnover of £500

delivery2019
Do HMRC Consider company active with Low Turnover of £500

Postby delivery2019 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:35 pm

I set up a limited Company and in the first year that it traded it only turned over £500 and with Expenses will not owe any tax,

My question is how low a turnover would HMRC Consider as not active and would i still need to file a company tax return.

I plan to dissolve the company as i no longer use it.

Thank you in advance.

jerome.lane

Re: Do HMRC Consider company active with Low Turnover of £500

Postby jerome.lane » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 am

You should be able to pay the £10 and apply for a strike off from Companies House. You won't need to file accounts at Companies House although HMRC would expect a set of accounts and a tax return. You can usually do this on an informal basis by just writing to them.
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

Return to “Company Taxation”