This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Company dividends

Mak21
Company dividends

Postby Mak21 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:43 pm

Hello. I am from Greece and i want to form a uk limtied company. Someone told me that if i want to take dividends so i can get paid from my company i must come to Uk and get in surance number and told me that it is hard to get if you do not work there and stuff like that.

So can anyone tell me if this information is valid? So far i knew that if i am a director of the company i can get the dividends without any restriction!

Thank you, Panos!

jerome.lane

Re: Company dividends

Postby jerome.lane » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:20 am

You are correct in that dividends can be paid from a UK company to non residents without jumping through hoops. However, you will have some hurdles with regard to salary/payroll and opening bank accounts etc. I think your friend is referring to getting a National Insurance number if you are to be a paid employee. As the UK will always seek to apply PAYE to Directories salary and benefits, your should either avoid being paid other than by way of dividend or seek professional help (which we'd be happy to help with!).
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

reemaadhikari

Re: Company dividends

Postby reemaadhikari » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:36 am

The nice description about dividends which is easily understood by anyone.

Return to “Company Taxation”