This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Confirmation Statement

mp2016
Confirmation Statement

Postby mp2016 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:44 am

Hi

I have a question regarding posting our annual confirmation statement on companies house.

We have issued shares to the various staff at differing amounts and I wanted to know did we have to include this in the confirmation statement and if so do we have to include the names of each individual, or can we put it as a combined figure of new shares issued/allotted or in an anonymous format?

I don't ideally want each person to know what another was given.

Thanks

AGoodman

Re: Confirmation Statement

Postby AGoodman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:47 am

Not a tax question but I'll hazard a go:

I believe the shareholders of private companies are public and need to be notified to Companies House. Always have been (the hard copy register itself is theoretically public as well).

Look up pretty much any private company on the CH website and you can find a list of shareholders. A full list used to be set out each year in the annual return but now under the "improved" system you may need to track back through confirmation statements.

You could of course issue the shares to a single nominee for all staff but it sounds like you've already issued them.

Return to “Company Taxation”