This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Taxes applicable to offshore companies

Asarov16
Taxes applicable to offshore companies

Postby Asarov16 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:12 am

Hi, guys, I was thinking on opening an offshore company, probably in Estonia or Gibraltar, to serve as my investment vehicle in foreign countries.

But, I would like to know: if this company trades stocks and futures in UK, using an UK broker, will it be subject to any kind of tax in UK?

I ask this because I know that non-residents don't pay CGT in UK, but I don't know if a foreign company that only trades stocks and futures in UK can be considered a non-resident or if it is subject to CGT or corporate tax.

Thanks!

nathan123

Re: Taxes applicable to offshore companies

Postby nathan123 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:39 am

If an offshore company managed and controlled by a UK tax residence then it would be subject to UK corporation tax.

Asarov16

Re: Taxes applicable to offshore companies

Postby Asarov16 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi, in fact, I'm not resident of UK.

I'm brazilian an I am looking for an offshore company not exactly to reduce my taxes, but to simplify it, as our tax legislation is the most complex in the world and it is a hell to calculate taxes on foreign income (it is a lot easier if I only recieve dividends of an offshore company).

And the worst: in Brazil, I can't compensate profits with losses ... So, if in a month I sell A shares with a profit of $ 5000 and B shares with a loss of $ 3000, I am taxed on $ 5000 and not on $ 2000.

Return to “Company Taxation”