This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

MVL and Buy to Let

bd6759
Re: MVL and Buy to Let

Postby bd6759 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm

You will not get definitive or reliable advice on a forum. What you are asking will involve and analysis of all of the facts and the business.

There is a lot of money at stake. You need to pay a professional for advice that you can rely on.

PeterBalham

Re: MVL and Buy to Let

Postby PeterBalham » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:22 am

I have had in the past generic advice that applied to ANY landlord who owned but to let properties via a company.

The advice specified exactly what I would need to do at that time.

However to execute it I would of had to use an accountant with a similar grasp of the issue as well as an involvency practionere.

I would of not if had to use the accountant who gave me the advice so I suppose he took a small chance by giving me the advice for free.

However it was a very small chance as he demonstrated a real expertise and had strong people skills.

Currently I have talked to several professionals who habe offered different oppinions or no opinion as for my situation, with the exception they all agree what happens if I change my trade
under current legislation.

I do agree it seems very unlikely I will get that type of advice here

Return to “Company Taxation”