This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Sale of company shares

Yiannis17
Sale of company shares

Postby Yiannis17 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:44 pm

Evening

I have a situation here I am tying myself in knots understanding this situation.

I have a UK company that holds an expensive property, Company A Ltd. The shares are owned by an offshore company B Ltd. Now another UK company C Ltd will buy all the shares of the offshore company. The shares are being purchased at say nominal value, say 500k. The property in company A Ltd is worth considerable more than that. The director of Company A is also the director of Company C and also a major shareholder in both A & C.

My concerns are if corporation tax on is applicable on the transfer of shares. I am aware of the SDLT due.

Thank you

Return to “Company Taxation”