This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

HMRC CT Online Filing Broken?

Lambs
HMRC CT Online Filing Broken?

Postby Lambs » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:37 pm

Dear All,

I use a couple of CT software packages. One provider I dealt with on Tuesday warned me that HMRC had been having problems with receipts/acknowledgement since doing something with its MTD platform last week. I tried to file something with one software on Tuesday - still no response either internally in the software or externally using HMRC's automated online filing systems. That's 48 hours.

It's currently letting me try to re-file a LIVE submission for a return period that I have ALREADY submitted once (but received no acknowledgement for) which simply should not be possible - it should be rejected immediately, on the basis that it has already received a live submission for that period (and this is usually immediate - it does NOT depend on the original return's having been processed / updated through the rest of HMRC's systems, but simply that HMRC Online has already had a submission for that period, which is not flagged as an amending submission).

Anyone else having problems?

Regards,

Lambs

robbob

Re: HMRC CT Online Filing Broken?

Postby robbob » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:28 am

Yes and no !

We filed return yesterday and got the message to say that the return had not been confirmed as being receive as would normally be the case , i have however gone into the agent area this morning and the return has been fully processed already , so for us it was simply a failure of the normal confirmatioon that everything was received message rather than an issue with them actually receving it.
Although the system is mostly reliable its not that uncommon for this to happen - you never get the later conformatin teh return was received in the software when this happens - on my system i just mauualy flag as complete when i know tge "tax" box turns green (and has link) on hmrc online area.

Return to “Company Taxation”