This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax on an outstanding directors loan

Jon_sh
Tax on an outstanding directors loan

Postby Jon_sh » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:01 pm

Hello,

If I have a directors loan of £200 which has not been paid back within 9 months and 1 day, in one financial year and proceed to pay the 32.5% Corporation tax on that loan...

Then, the next year, the loan has not been repaid, but has in fact grown to £2500... In this year, do I have to pay tax on £500, or do I have to pay tax on £2500 - Baring in mind I already paid tax on £2000 the previous year.

All articles I have read state that I have to pay tax on the outstanding amount, but none of them have information on outstanding amounts that already attracted corporation tax which has been paid.

I have not been able to get hold of my accountant today and I need to get the answwer to this. Thanks in advance.

bd6759

Re: Tax on an outstanding directors loan

Postby bd6759 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:32 pm

You pay tax on loans advanced during the accounting period. In year 2, £500 was advanced.

(I’m presuming you mean £2000 was advanced in year 1)

Return to “Company Taxation”