This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Company assigned all revenue to third party

shiraegi
Company assigned all revenue to third party

Postby shiraegi » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Company A has a contract with Company B.

At the same time, Company A has an agreement with Company B and a third party Company C that all revenue from Company B due to Company A under that contract has been assigned to Company C.

If Company B asks for an invoice from Company A to make payments, but all revenue goes directly to a collection account for disbursement to Company C, is it fine/correct to report no income for Company A? (Company A never sees any money)

Alternatively, is Company B obliged to pay if Company C invoices Company B instead of Company A invoicing Company B, given Company A's assignment of revenue from Company B to Company C?

wamstax

Re: Company assigned all revenue to third party

Postby wamstax » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:03 pm

If I was company B I wouldn’t pay anybody except company A who I have a contract with.
regards and hope this helps
http://www.wamstaxltd.com
Operates Nationally with competitive costs
and email and phone contact (mob 07751720507) can be obtained from websites

bd6759

Postby bd6759 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:12 pm

If I was company B I wouldn’t pay anybody except company A who I have a contract with.
You missed the agreement between A and B to pay C.

A contracts B.

A invoices B for payment.

B pays C.

Company A declares the income because it was entitled to the payment, presumably for providing a service to B

Company C has presumably already provided a service a A and will declare that income.

shiraegi

Postby shiraegi » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:36 am

Thanks much bd6759.

Actually Company A took a loan from Company C, then it licensed a product to Company B, and in an assignment agreement between Company A, B and C, Company A assigned all royalties from that license to Company C until the loan is repaid.

If Company A invoices for the royalties, does it still need to declare the income if it has all been assigned to Company C (who will definitely declare the income)?

If Company A declares the income and a matching expense (zero profit) does the abovementioned assignment agreement suffice as backup for the expense, without an invoice from Company C? Because the royalties just go from Company B to a collection account from where they are distributed to Company C and there are no invoices issued by the collection account or Company C in this process.

As well, should Company B accept invoices from Company C as well based on the assignment agreement, instead of from Company A?

Return to “Company Taxation”