This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

New company query

Storyofmylife
New company query

Postby Storyofmylife » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:58 pm

Hi everyone,
Apologies in advance if I haven’t posted this in the right place.
I am working as employee for a company, which is my main job.
I am also working towards developing a piece of software that will be sold as a service to multiple people across the internet.

I am thinking of opening a limited company and I would need some advice regarding the income that will be generated by this software.

As I am not expecting any major incomes from this, I am concerned that my tax code will be screwed. Can anyone give me some pointers where should I look and what should I expect?

Thank you so much for your time taken reading my nonsense

Incredulum

Re: New company query

Postby Incredulum » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:41 pm

This is more an income tax question really.

But incorporating a company should not make any difference to your tax code. (Until you are paying income out of the company to yourself. At which point you will not be being 'screwed' but will be paying the tax which you rightly owe as a result of the income you are earning. It will be a year or three before it hits your tax code anyway.)

Return to “Company Taxation”