This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Bonus Payments

timbeardsmore@hotmai

Postby timbeardsmore@hotmai » Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:14 am

Is there anyway of reducing my ttax on yearly bonus payments made by a limited company

demetris

Postby demetris » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:07 am

Your question is very vague and general, I can only throw a few ideas that might apply to you.

If you are also a shareholder of the company, take out a dividend instead. As long as you are below the 40% income tax threshold, there should be no additional tax to be paid.

Alternatively, if you have acess to a pension plan, you can forego the bonus, with the latter going into the employer pension plan. That way, it works both for the employer and you beneficially.

Finaly, if you are a director consider taking the money as a loan from your company. Up to £5000 is permitted by the law and there is no benefit in kind taxable. Obtaining short term loans from their companies is a very cheap way of financing for directors of private limited companies.

If you want a more detailed answer let me know.
hope this helps.

Demetris Savva BA FCCA
constantinesavva@accamail.com
http://www.tax-accounting-london.info

Return to “Company Taxation”