This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Family Tax Credit

celtic_tog

Postby celtic_tog » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:23 am

Given that it is almost impossible to get through to the Family Tax Credit offices. What will happen if I cannot resolve me dispute until after the 5th July (which I believe is the cut off date for disputing claims)?

Thanks in Advance
Celtic_tog

demetris

Postby demetris » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:05 am

It would be adviceable to make a provisional claim online prior ro the 7/7/3 so that, at least you don't lose any entitlement from the start of the tax year, given that claims can only be backdated 3 months. Later on you can resolve what needs to be resolved.

Demetris Savva BA FCCA
http://www.tax-accounting-london.info
constantinesavva@accamail.com
FREE Special Report on how to save tax for individuals and small businesses sent to subscribers to FREE tax newsletters.

celtic_tog

Postby celtic_tog » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:05 am

Thanks for your reply. My dispute with them is that I don't think I'm getting enough allowance. They have calculated my allowance based on my P60 (which includes my Company Car). I always assumed (please correct me if I'm wrong) that allowances should be based on Gross salary only and not include things like cars?

Thanks
Celtic_tog

Return to “General”