This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Unreceipted expenses

tempsc

Postby tempsc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:40 am

I am in discussions with my employers at the moment, regarding unreceipted expenses.

I occasionally have expenses that I am not able to provide receipts for. The most obvious one that springs to mind being when I cross on the Dartford Crossing on the M25. Obviously, due to the volumne of traffic, they are not able to provide receipts for each crossing.

Can anyone advise what the revenues position is on this matter? The alternative is for me to drive the long way round, adding three hours to my journey time and a much heftier fuel bill.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

Balmain

Postby Balmain » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:02 am

Dear tempsc

I'm sure the Revenue would have no problem with this claim for expenses, after all your car mileage log would show you have travelled to a destination that you will have via that way.

Balmain

Bob Jones

Postby Bob Jones » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:16 pm

It is like the Mersey Tunnel - you don't get a receipt - it should not be a problem but if they start being awkward I would challenge it and threaten the Commissioners at which point they will back down ...

Bob

Return to “General”