This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Working in Kazakhstan on rotation

KazRota

Postby KazRota » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:14 am

I am a UK resident about to start a rotational position in Kazakhstan. Rotation will be 28/28. Can someone please explain the 90 day tax ruling.
If I were to go on 4 or 5 two week holidays in my time off, can this be counted as being out of the country and help minimise the number of days spent in UK?
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Simon Sweetman

Postby Simon Sweetman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:55 am

It looks as though you are not actually leaving the UK and so do not cease to be UK resident because of this arrangement, so the 90 day rule is not important.

Peter D

Postby Peter D » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:07 am

I agree, this does not qualify for non-residency. Regards Peter

AA UK

Postby AA UK » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:01 am

The UK would however give credit for the tax payable in Kazakhstan so you will not be doubly taxed.

Return to “General”