This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

limited company benefits when

dingui

Postby dingui » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 am

I am a self employed locum pharmacist and I do not know if it would be better to set me up aa a limited company for taxes purposes obviously to save some money .

taxattack

Postby taxattack » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:23 pm

There's no short answer - it depends on your circumstances, in particular your income and the nature of your engagements. The rules of your regulatory body (RPSGB?) may also be relevant.
Email me if you'ld like to discuss it.

Regards
chris @ taxattack.co.uk

Faerie9

Postby Faerie9 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:41 am

A good article on it here:

http://www.dormerfinance.co.uk/should.html

If your profit is over, say, £20kpa then you can save money with a Ltd Co (as long as you are allowed to, as Chris points out), but the above article deals with some of the other issues.

If you do decide you want to be a Ltd Co, please talk to an accountant as while Companies are cheap to form, they have a lot of responsibility and are harder to get out of!

Best of luck
Jenni
taxhelp(a)farrantfrost.co.uk

Return to “General”