This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

income declaration problem

TAKISARAKAPAS

Postby TAKISARAKAPAS » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:53 am

a company does never declare? what to do

TAKISARAKAPAS

Postby TAKISARAKAPAS » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:59 am

please help

TAKISARAKAPAS

Postby TAKISARAKAPAS » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:12 am

with my poor english I ll try to explain the situation:I have entered the family business of my wife two months before, in order to help. as I m not un accountant, it took me some time to realise what s going on (the mess): the previous accountants never filled un income declaration, and my mother in low was making more and more loans in order to save her businness. so, i have started by chequing what is going on : the suppliers were
overcharging the bills and the debdors were not paying. I have entered all the discordances/ problems. but the big problem, now, is the income declaration. can anybody give me un advice?
i don t wat to close and to reopen the company cause its a big company and it worths a lot not only in money but first of all for a life struggle of the pesonne who created it. please forgive my poor english. thanks in advace

TAKISARAKAPAS

Postby TAKISARAKAPAS » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:21 am

the other problem is that my mother in low believe that a god charter accountant can give us a solution, but if I m working 14 hours per day and if I ll balance and fixe everything somebody else who will only put his signiture will take the profit of a year work. I was searching for a solution. i was even thinking to ask from the government income department to come to the office and to settle the situation, but as always I m saying to myself the best solution is so closed to you that you can not see it? what do you think?

CDavey9501@aol.com

Postby CDavey9501@aol.com » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 am

I would suggest using a qualified accountant.

Statutory accounts and corporation tax can be complicated enough for accontants whose first language is English :(

The more you have done yourself (assuming you have done it correctly) the less it will cost. Make sure you get an estimate of costs from the outset.

JS123

Postby JS123 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:49 pm

The tax office will not help you. The company is required by law to make its own self assessment of its tax liability. This means doing as C Davey says ie get an qualified accountant to do the tax returns.
I wonder - do you also realise that you have to make returns to Companies House of what the company has been doing - this is quite separate to tax. A good accountant will take you through the minefield of legal obligations the company has.
I hate to say it but for once take the mother in law's advice! Good luck!

TAKISARAKAPAS

Postby TAKISARAKAPAS » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:30 pm

thanks a lot for your precious advices,
we are in the good road,
thanks again

Return to “General”