This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Fuel card & Company car or no fuel card?

Holmes
Fuel card & Company car or no fuel card?

Postby Holmes » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:50 pm

HI All,

I have been looking for an answer but could not find anything that necessarily fitted with my query, so here I go!

I have a 2.2 Diesel Mazda 6 as a company car which was offered to me at the start of my employment, I tried before hand to work out if it would be better for me to take the allowance (£4500) or the car, I eventually opted for the car. Now the mileage rate Is 14 pence per mile, from many months of recording my fuel useage it is actually 11 pence that I spend. Can I claim that back in any way from the HMRC via self assessment?

The other option would be to ditch the fuel card and go over to paying for the fuel myself and claiming business mileage back off the company, would this be a better option? I do about 110 miles per day to and from work + weekend miles, so this extra 4 pence per mile is costing me a considerable amount. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks. Tom.

GARDNER4

Re: Fuel card & Company car or no fuel card?

Postby GARDNER4 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Before i can answer your question , i would need the P11D Value and the CO2 emission of the car.
Otherwise any advice any one gives you here without the aforementioned info, would not hold much ground on what you have asked.

Holmes

Postby Holmes » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:50 am

HI there,

Thanks for your reply, the P11D value is £20,765 and the CO2 emissions is 147 g/km.

Many thanks.

Tom.

Holmes

Postby Holmes » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:34 pm

HI Guys, any chance of some more help to my question???

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Holmes

Postby Holmes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Anyone got any idea?? Can you offer any advice. Thanks in advance.

Tom. :?:

Return to “General”