This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

company formation - do i need hard copies of M&A

mmoalem
company formation - do i need hard copies of M&A

Postby mmoalem » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:22 pm

hi there all - not sure where to post this exactly.
been made convinced of the need to transfer my business from sole-trader to Limited company. was going to form a company through one of the cheap as chips online sites. what i am confused about is the need for hard copies versus the cheaper packages they offer with all documents being sent by email. some of the suggest that this is only good for dormant companies.
do i need the more expensive packages with hard copies of douments? if i go cheap - will i be able to obtain hard copies later?
2nd question is regarding employing my wife in my company - i understand that there is a difference in the tax liability of an employee and a director - which statue is more tax efficient?
cheers
michel

GARDNER4

Re: company formation - do i need hard copies of M&A

Postby GARDNER4 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:38 pm

A company is a separate legal entity, it can not speak, it communicate via the M & A. Yes you do need the M & A, NO you do not require an expensive package. Company can be made within few hours not Few days as some people may think or say.

Yes you can employe your wife in the business as long as you pay her the same amount as would pay another staff from outside for the same job. Directors are EXEMPT from the MWR, employees must be paid the MWR( minimum wage rate).

The above is a simple and easy explanation of what you have asked.

mmoalem

Postby mmoalem » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 pm

thanks for the reply but maybe i should rephrase my first question. the basic package of 20 quid or so includes all documents in electronic form (ie they areemailed to me). alternativly for about 50 quid they send you the documents in paper form. the question should i pay the extra?

bstock

Postby bstock » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:36 pm

When you print off the electonic documents you will not then have paper documents to sign and file saving you £30 in the process?

Return to “General”