This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment - professional fee reimbursement

Rockydell
Self Assessment - professional fee reimbursement

Postby Rockydell » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:25 am

Hi
I pay an annual subscription to a recognized professional body as part of my job. I pay this out of my own pocket. I then have to justify this to my employer who then decides (usually) to reimburse the cost. What is the correct way to enter this on a Self Assessment form?

Do I:
(1) Enter it as it actually happens: i.e. enter the annual fee in the box for professional subscriptions, then enter the reimbursement as a "payment received not shown on the P60".

(2) Enter nothing a all because they effectively cancel out.

Thanks for any replies.

towat

Re: Self Assessment - professional fee reimbursement

Postby towat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:34 am

Your employer should enter it on the P11D, you then make a S201 claim by entering it in the appropriate box, don't know box number without looking but the description makes it obvious.

Return to “General”