This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

What is a Suitable

Gollum82
What is a Suitable

Postby Gollum82 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:59 am

First and foremost, thanks for having me on the forum!

OK, so I am seeing advice on my tax and residency situation. What would your setup be, if you were me?

My situation:

- An affiliate marketer with a UK company and Belize company.
- Been out of the UK for the last four tax years - accountant has been telling HMRC that I am not resident, and therefore haven't been paying tax, other than corporation tax on my UK company.
- I have spent most of the last four years in Thailand, where I have been on tourist and educational visas. Although I could stay here, I haven't been paying any tax to Thailand. I wasn't planning on staying more than 6 months initially, and have kept pushing back the leaving date. I will be gone though in 5 weeks.
- Monthly earnings are approximately $35000.

Basically, I want a setup where I am resident in a country, can declare all of my income there, while minimising my tax liability. Andorra could be a good option, from what I have read - the only thing that puts my off there is the climate - especially if I have to spend half of the year there, to be classed as resident.

I would be happy spending a few months a year in a number of different countries, if I could live in the knowledge that I am not going to get into trouble with any authorities regarding residency or tax.

Advice is very much appreciated.

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: What is a Suitable

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:19 pm

Your accountant should be able to help you.

If you are looking for a tax haven with decent weather then try Cayman Islands, Bermuda or British Virgin Islands

For low tax closer to home - Ireland, Jersey, Isle of man, Luxembourg. I probably missed a couple of other places too.

Technically you should have paid tax in Thailand

Return to “General”