This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

tax implications for property purchase in uk with part deposit from polish sister

magikmark
tax implications for property purchase in uk with part deposit from polish sister

Postby magikmark » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi there,
i am currently a discharged bankruptee and i am very fortunate that my dad wants to buy my family a house. he is providing £140000 cash and my partners sister from poland wants to send £30,000 to her to transfer to my dads solicitors account . the property will be owned by my father for now due to my bankruptcy until he sees that i am managing ok financially. for polish tax reasons it has to be sent to a bank account in my partners name and then she was to transfer immediately to my fathers solicitor.

What i need to know is there any tax implications on this from the uk side as it will be done officially through polish tax office at their end, and my partners sister will be paying them the appropriate fee.

Can my partner just open a new bank account in her name, her sister then transfer the money to the new account and then my partner send it straight to my dads solicitor to complete the house purchase, then close the relevant account.

if anyone has a clue can you let me know as so far all the people i have spoken to are very vague about the situation.

thx in advance to anyone who can help

cheers,

mark

p.s. there are no mortgages or loans involved at any stage of process

Return to “General”