This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment and Closing limited company

Cilaos974
Self Assessment and Closing limited company

Postby Cilaos974 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Hello,

I would need your help regarding my situation : As the sole director of my company, I have liquidated it through a MVL in August 2016.
The liquidator sent me the final accounts, with the distribution i have received multiple times : Oct 16, Nov 16, 10 Apr 17 and Jun 17.

I am not living in the UK anymore and do not intend to create another Limited Company. My question is how to fill my Self Assessment in my situation and claiming Entrepreneurs' relief ?

1) To the question "If you disposed of any chargeable assets, or had any chargeable gains, or you wish to claim an allowable loss, or make any other claim or election, do you need to complete the Capital Gains section?" I believe I should say yes
2) Then select 'Unlisted Shares'
3) Number of disposal : 1
4) Disposal proceeds : I type in the total of the distribution i have received on Oct 16 + Nov 16
5) Gains in the year, before losses : Same as 4)
6) Gains qualifying for Entrepreneurs’ Relief - Gains on or after 23 June 2010: Same as 5)

Am I filling it correctly ?

Would I need to fill again a Self Assessment tax return for 17/18 for the distribution I have received on Apr 17 and Jun 17 ?

Thanks for your help :D

Cilaos974

Re: Self Assessment and Closing limited company

Postby Cilaos974 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 am

Any help would be appreciated :D

Return to “General”