This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

capital allowance on business vehicle. deprivation value as loss

jason9874
capital allowance on business vehicle. deprivation value as loss

Postby jason9874 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Hey everyone!

so I have a chauffeur business and I'm the only employee. my customer intend to be driven in a new plate vehicle. which I'm having to change my car twice a year in March (e.g 17 plate)and September (e.g 67 plate). my question is would the depreciation value difference would count as a loss and would be deducted from profits?

e.g I buy a mercedes s class in March 17 for invoice figure of £59,000 exc vat. in September I change my car and my car would value at £39000 exc vat. would the £20,000 be counted as a loss?

I would request if any one who can help me to understand this make their answers simple as possible. thanks

Return to “General”