This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self Assessment - Commercial and Residential Mortgage

aakthar
Self Assessment - Commercial and Residential Mortgage

Postby aakthar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:57 pm

I was a company director of a small family restaurant which was in my family for over 40 years until earlier this year when the landlord decided to sell the property. He offered us a good deal to purchase the property, so I, personally, decided to buy it by remortgaging my home for the deposit and getting a commercial mortgage for the outstanding balance.
The repayments include capital as well as interest and the rent does not cover both the residential and commercial, so every month I am having to pay an extra £150.

My question is, how can I put down the residential mortgage interest payments as well as the commercial mortgage interest payments, if possible?
And what am I looking at for tax for a rental income of £14k p.a where I am also full time employed on the higher tax rate?

RMC

Re: Self Assessment - Commercial and Residential Mortgage

Postby RMC » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:56 pm

My question is, are you now renting the property to a third party, having closed down the restaurant business?

Return to “General”