This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

How long is SEIS advance assurance valid for?

dpac123
How long is SEIS advance assurance valid for?

Postby dpac123 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:55 am

I got SEIS advance assurance in June 2017 and received investment into my business in Sep 2017 - my investor got SEIS tax relief as a result. I am now looking to raise additional investment for my business and wonder if the SEIS advance assurance is still valid or if I would need to reapply?

AdamS93

Re: How long is SEIS advance assurance valid for?

Postby AdamS93 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:27 pm

Considering the qualifying trade must be less than 2 years old for SEIS to be on point, I would imagine that raising funds under SEIS isn't possible (without additional information). EIS is probably more realistic.

Advance assurance isn't statutory clearance and there is no need for advance assurance legally, but it is obviously advisable and often investors will not invest without it.

It is fairly complex, so I would engage professional help.

Return to “General”