This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme

graking91
Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme

Postby graking91 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:51 am

Whilst this is not strictly a pure tax enquiry it relates to an EMI scheme I am considering setting up for my employees. I just do not know how to calculate the number of shares to award my employees. I have read a lot about how the schemes operate but not much how you calculate the number of shares. I have considered linking to salary and seniority but is there a formula that is regularly used?

darthblingbling

Re: Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme

Postby darthblingbling » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:09 pm

I believe it's completely descretionary

AdamS93

Re: Enterprise Management Incentive Scheme

Postby AdamS93 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:40 am

As long as your conditions don't breach the EMI conditions found in Sch5 ITEPA 2003 you're good to go.

As for a standard formula, there isn't one. There is no one size fits all as some EMI companies will have assets of <£1m and some up to £30m.

Return to “General”