This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

***DO U HAVE TO INCLUDE ACCOUNT ADJUSTMENTS OR GOOD WILL GESTURES ON SELF ASSESSMENT?

super1
***DO U HAVE TO INCLUDE ACCOUNT ADJUSTMENTS OR GOOD WILL GESTURES ON SELF ASSESSMENT?

Postby super1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:19 am

Hello
My bank paid me onto my account a few times money called account adjustment as a result of being nice to me after complaints, the other time other bank send me a cheque of good will  to stay with them.
Now  can someone explain me, if had the same situation or whats the 100% correct way to do, do I have to include acc adjustment and cheques from good will on my self assessment and pay tax  on them?  if yes, then what position an dhow to included?
it does not make any sense to me as it's a sort of recompensation or intensives, not earned interests, butI have found that apparently you need to include SOME account adjustment

would be grateful if someone explains me that if had similar experience   thanks

robbob

Re: ***DO U HAVE TO INCLUDE ACCOUNT ADJUSTMENTS OR GOOD WILL GESTURES ON SELF ASSESSMENT?

Postby robbob » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:31 am

If the items are in no way trade related i would say you have no reporting obligations.

Note if its a bank account you use for sole trader transactions and claim bank charges on that account i would say the income would be trade related and i would reduce bank charges by the amount of income received or treat as other operating income.

Return to “General”