This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self assessment

Dev_1
Self assessment

Postby Dev_1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Good evening,

We are in the process of completing the yearly self assessment.

Along with receiving income from property I also received income from Tesco till I left in May 2019.

I am confused with what the below screen means

Our records show that your 2018-2019 PAYE notice of coding includes an adjustment for tax underpaid.

Estimated underpaid tax for 6th April 2018 to 5th April 2019 to be included in your PAYE tax code for 6th April 2019 to 5th April 2020 (from your PAYE notice of coding)

£0.00

Only select no if the amount above is not correct.

Its not showing any amount underpaid but the message seems a bit misleading.

Since leaving Tesco in May 2019 I have not taken any other employment apart from continuing to let my properties.

Is anyone able to kindly advise.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

pawncob

Re: Self assessment

Postby pawncob » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:12 pm

It's just part of the form and can be ignored if no adjustment is required.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

jerome.lane

Re: Self assessment

Postby jerome.lane » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:23 am

I would double check your PAYE coding notices for the tax years ending 5 April 2018, 2019 and 2020 to check if coding notices include amounts for underpaid tax. You can't always rely on HMRC software to give you the right information so it's worth keeping a manual check of historic liabilities and making sure all's good in the hood!
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

Return to “General”