This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

General

mill
General

Postby mill » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:00 pm

I have a final salary occupational pension and also put some of my ISA into a SIPP which has a current value around £65,000.

My total pension pot is in excess of the current lifetime allowance and I will have a tax charge on the excess once I take my pension. I have been advised to take my SIPP before drawing down my occupational pension as this will allow me to take 25% of my SIPP tax free and reduce the overall tax charge. Is this correct?

Also as I transferred ISA to my SIPP, will this be taxed in the same way as if I had made standard contributions

jerome.lane

Re: General

Postby jerome.lane » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Sounds about right but make sure you speak to a reputable pension adviser.
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

mill

Postby mill » Mon May 04, 2020 9:37 pm

Thank you Jerome.lane, but my efforts to date to locate a pension advisor who is really expert in this complex field has so far been costly but quite fruitless.

I am not seeking free advice and am happy to pay for it, if I can locate a pension adviser who is really expert. Any referral would be greatly appreciated

jerome.lane

Postby jerome.lane » Mon May 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Okay - ping me an email or give me a call and I’ll put you in touch with people who can help ✌🏽
Jerome Lane
Tax Adviser
Telephone: 07943 005902

Return to “General”