This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Confused

Ellie10
Confused

Postby Ellie10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi,
I went onto the HMRC website to fill in my self assessment tax return as I do every year. I never have any tax to pay because my only income is from property rental and is around £6k per annum so well within my personal allowance.

I haven't had any postal reminders this year to complete my tax return but have had a few text message reminders.

When I logged in it says:

You paid the right amount of Income Tax for 6 April 2020 to 5 April 2021
You paid
£0
Based on the information that HMRC have, £0 was the right amount of Income Tax for you to pay.

Does this mean that I don't have to complete a tax return this year...if so, happy days. It's not onerous but still a pain.

I sold my own main residence property and I moved into the rental property myself on 3rd April 2021 so no CGT to pay on the sale.

robbob

Re: Confused

Postby robbob » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:47 pm

?Can you advise where you are - i ssupect you may have navigated to the wrong place

Go to view account / tax years / year ended 5/4/2021 and then see if there is option to submit return , if return has been submitted there will be option to view when it was submitted - if it was never issued the issue date would say "not issued"

Ellie10

Postby Ellie10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:35 pm

?Can you advise where you are - i ssupect you may have navigated to the wrong place

Go to view account / tax years / year ended 5/4/2021 and then see if there is option to submit return , if return has been submitted there will be option to view when it was submitted - if it was never issued the issue date would say "not issued"
Hi Rob,

Ellie10

Postby Ellie10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:39 pm

Hi Rob,
I signed in as usual for self assessment using my govt gateway ID. I was on account home page which had my name and my UTR.

Return to “General”